This is a bit of a convoluted story so hold on to your sense of reality. I have noticed a trend toward making MOC’s that intentionally make use of difficult to use parts. I have noticed this both on blogs and in Flikr photo captions. Well I set out to do the same, and this is the story of what resulted.
I decided to use the palm-tree top, because I have never used it for any reason other than its’ intended purpose. I thought at first that I might use it as the basis of some strange utility mechs hand, with fingers hinged off the multi-pronged end.
This was not going as I had envisioned, and then suddenly I had this!
I thought that it had shoulders, and when I added a five stud 1×1 on the “wrist” shaft, turning it into a “waist,” I knew what I had just done.
I had created a new micro mech frame.
After fleshing it out I decided to call it the “Linebacker.”
The legs owe their birth right to Squieu’s Mini-frame, Soren’s Conscript, and Malcom’s Mgn-302.
The legs are not Identical to any of the afor-mentioned frames but have elements of all three incorporated into their design.
Finding me very pleased with myself and my use of a “difficult” part at the heart of a micro mech, my sub-conscious ever the trickster handed me a way to make the frame without the part that I was so proud of having used.
So now I have the “Linebacker,” and the “Linebacker A-1.”
Keep it stompy!